Monday, February 24, 2014

Special Surprises

You wake up expecting the day to go just like any other. You go through your daily routines expecting nothing out of the ordinary. Then all of a sudden someone shows up at your doorstep with a bouquet of flowers just because they are thinking of you. Your seemingly ordinary day is transformed into something special just like that.

You're sitting on the couch watching TV after a long day and all of a sudden you get a text from a friend you haven't talked to in a while. 

You put on your coat for the first time in the winter season and find money in the pocket. 

Your cleaning house and find that last item that you thought you'd never find. 

These are the kind of surprises that I love! Little things that happen unexpectedly and brighten up your whole day. 

In the past few weeks I've had two of these wonderful surprises happen to me. 

One day I was getting ready to go to a viewing and in the middle of doing my hair I got a text from a friend asking if I was home. I replied that I was and a few minutes later there was a knock at my door. There stood my friend with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. She said that she just wanted to let me know she was thinking of me. Totally made my day!!

The other special surprise I got came from a candle. A few weeks ago I bought something called a Diamond Candle. They are great smelling candles and hidden in every candle is a ring valued anywhere from $10 to $5,000. In order to get the ring you just have to burn the candle and as it melts down you'll ring will appear. It could be near the top of the candle or it could be buried at the very bottom...who knows. You also have no idea what the ring is going to look like as each one is very different. I have been burning my candle and enjoying it's sweet honeysuckle fragrance for a week or so when I suddenly noticed something shiny floating in the wax. I got so excited! I scooped it out and unrolled the foil to reveal a very pretty ring! I loved it. It was such a fun surprise to brighten up my day. 

I'm so grateful for simple unexpected things that can change the course of my entire day! Life should always be filled with special surprises! 

No comments:

Post a Comment