Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Greatest Comforts

We all have days that are tougher than others. Perhaps you aren't feeling very well or you had a stressful day at work. Whatever the cause these tough days can be really draining mentally and physically. It's times like these that we need to take a time-out for some self-love. Today I am posting a list of my greatest comforts. These are things I turn to on my tougher than usual days. They bring me comfort when I'm sick, stressed, lonely, angry, and even when I'm happy and trying to relax. Not all of them are things I can turn to at any given moment...like listening to waves crash into the shore...but when I close my eyes and imagine it in my mind it comforts me almost as much as if I were sitting on the beach!

The song "Alleluia" by Kenneth Cope
The movie Sabrina...Julia Ormond version
Listening to the rain fall outside the window
Reading my Patriarchal Blessing
A soft pillow and cuddly blanket
Prayer
Camping
Apple Cider
Disney Animated Movies
Warm Shower
Writing
Reminiscing
The smell of rain
A good book
Sitting by the fire
Watching the Sunset
Hot Chocolate
Bubble Baths
Hugging family and friends
Scriptures
PJ Pants
Having someone play with my hair
Listening to waves crash into the shore
Getting in a freshly made bed
Watching Pride and Prejudice...the Kiera Knightly version
Going to the Temple
The song "Jessica's Theme" from The Man From Snowy River 

What things would make your list?? 




No comments:

Post a Comment