Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Colors

My favorite color is purple. I have love the color purple for as long as I can remember. At one point in my life I remember that I wanted everything I owned to be purple. I even had a purple leather jacket! The color purple stands out more to me. On a day to day basis I think I am pretty unaware how much purple is around me. Even now as I sit back and look around the room I see lots of purple! I'm drinking grape Gatorade, my mouse is purple, my phone case is purple, and I have purple and red Valentines decorations around my home. 

I started wondering what does my favorite color say about me. I looked a few things up on the internet and here is what I came up with: 

"If you love purple you are compassionate and sensitive. Purple is associated with luxury and sensuality. Purple lovers are artistic in nature, creative and glamorous. They are supportive and always think of others before themselves. They possess a strong desire to be different and often achieve high authority positions in life. They are true in nature and generous givers. Very idealistic and often impractical, love to live in an imaginary world of fantasy. Creativity is something you pride yourself in, though you may not be good at artistic endeavors (such as drawing or painting.) You tend to be sentimental and have a great amount of empathy for others."

Wow! That hits the nail on the head in describing me! While not all of it is 100% me a good portion of it is. I do love being creative. I'm not great at arts and craft stuff, but I love to write, scrapbook, and make cards. I do believe that I am a very supportive and sentimental person. I tend to put others before myself ninety percent of the time. I also love living in an imaginary world of fantasy. I think that is why I enjoy reading so much, because it is a gateway to that world for me. 

I find it fascinating that something as simple as my favorite color can tell someone that much detail about me. Our personalities are literally woven into every little thing we do. 

What is your favorite color? What does that tell you about yourself? Check out this website and find out. http://tinyurl.com/kznxwd2  Then come back and post what you found. I'd love to hear about it! 


1 comment:

  1. Mine is tricky, I love Neutrals.....Greys, Soft Pink, Tans, Slate Blues.....I don't really know what I would fall under. Hmmmm....if I had to narrow it down, I am thinking that Grey would be the winner with a soft pink in a close second.

    So, since I love Grey, they are Self Reliant and Independent (yup!). The color grey denotes stability, respect and wisdom. (I don't know that I am very wise, hahah.) Grey lovers are very cautious in nature and usually find it difficult to make up their mind quickly (yup!). They avoid making decisions. Grey lovers love comfort and constancy. They are mature and responsible in nature and believe in practicality.(I don't know if I agree with the mature part. hahaha)

    Since I love Pink, they are Romantic, Sensual and Sensitive . Pink lovers are loving, generous and very kind to others. (I like to think that I am.) Pink color is very calm and so are the people who love pink color. (I do like being chill and calm!) Pink lovers are generally sympathetic and compassionate to people around them and they extremely dislike controversy of any kind. (Nailed it! I avoid controversy like the plague!) They are reserved and non - violent which gives the impression that they are shy. ( Most people think I am stuck up for that very reason....I am just reserved!) Most of all pink lovers have a maternal instinct, they see the good in everyone and possess a positive outlook in life. (I do love taking care of people and like to give everyone a chance!)

    This was fun to look at Tiff! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete