Saturday, February 22, 2014

Television

I am a big TV watcher. I think it runs in my genes because my mom is also a big TV watcher and my sister is like a walking TV Guide! Every morning she will call me and tell me what is on TV that night. Now, I'm not saying that I'm a major couch potato sitting fat and lazy stuffing potato chips in my face while bouncing channels. I am simply a fan of TV.

The past few weeks I have been glued to my television as I have watched the winter Olympics in Sochi. I love the Olympics! The grace of the figure skaters, the speed of the bobsledders, the agility of the skiers...I love it all. I also love to hear the stories behind these athletes. I love how someone who was a no name becomes a household name almost overnight. For me the best story so far to come out of these games is that of Noelle Pikus Pace.  She is an American athlete from right here in Utah. She won the silver medal in the skeleton event. One thing I love about her is the example she is setting. She is on a national stage right now as the whole world watches her, and through it all she has been wearing her Young Woman Medallion. She said she wouldn't compete in the Olympics unless her family could be by her side. She is an example of always standing for what you believe in and putting family first. I love it! I also have to say that I have a new found love for snowboard cross! I didn't really know much about this sport until these Olympics, but it is now one of my favorite events to watch. I was seriously glued to the TV when it was on. 

With the Olympics coming to an end regular television shows are going to be resuming and lots of new ones starting as well. I spoke with my mom on the phone today as we discussed the various shows that will be starting up next week and how excited we are about them. I for one am excited for the new seasons of Survivor, Amazing Race, and The Voice.  I am also very intrigued about a new show starting in a few weeks called Believe. It could turn out to be a pretty good one. 

Some of my all time favorite TV shows though are: 24, which will be coming out with a new season starting in May that I am super excited for! Grey's Anatomy, gotta love all the hot doctors! Vampire Diaries, I can't explain it but I love the dynamics of this show. Oh, and Damon...I love Damon. Pretty Little Liars, I got sucked into this show from the start. I began watching it on Netflix one night after a recommendation from my sister-in-law and was immediately hooked. I can't wait for the next season to come out on Netflix. 

Are you a television watcher? What are your favorite shows? Are you loving the Olympics? What event is your favorite? 


No comments:

Post a Comment