Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Add Art

I am not a very artistic person. I can't draw, paint, or do crafts. However, I love the act of creating something. It is very invigorating and at the same time relaxing to my mind.

I love to color. I know that sounds like a little kid thing to say, but I love it. When I was a kid my mom and I used to have coloring contests. She would color one page, I would color another. In the end we would have my dad judge the two pictures and declare a winner. I won a lot and thought I was seriously the best coloring person in the whole neighborhood. As I grew older I realized I probably only won because I was three and my parents were trying to build my self-confidence. It worked though to this day I enjoy coloring and think I'm pretty awesome at it....just don't put me in a coloring contest with a 3-year-old because I will lose every time!

No matter what level of artist we are I believe that we all need to spend time adding art to our life. Art is good for the soul. Unleashing our creativity whether by painting the Mona Lisa or coloring a Dora the Explorer coloring book opens up something within us and lifts us up emotionally.

When I have a lot of my mind, coloring helps me to process it all. When I'm upset or stressed about drama going on in my life, coloring relaxes me. When I'm bored, coloring adds simple joy to my day.

Art can also bless the lives of others. When I'm done coloring I take those images and turn them into handmade cards. I send the cards to friends and family and watch how touched they are by upon receiving it. Their joy doesn't come because the artwork is a masterpiece of perfection, but because it was made with love. No matter your skill level you can bless someone with your artful creations.

Today I want you to go find something to create. Go add some art to your day somehow. I promise you'll enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. I tried contacting you through commenting on your post on your blog "A butterfly world" because I couldn't find any other way. Well, I've added you in my circle on G+ . Please add back. Well, greetings for your new blog. I was impressed by your other blogs and hope to see more posts in near future.

    Well, am Kshitij from India ( just in case you're curious who this stranger is)
    I'd be glad if you'd give a visit to my blog.. www.kshitijchoudhary.blogspot.com

    Hoping to get a reply soon.
    Cheers. :-)

    ReplyDelete