Wednesday, April 2, 2014

ABC List

Today's List Post is an alphabetical get to know me type list. Enjoy!

ABC List

A- Addiction -   QR Codes...I use them on just about everything! 

B- Breakfast (what you eat) -    Glass of OJ and a bagel  

C- Chocolate or Chips -  Chips

D- Dessert or Appetizers -   Appetizer     

E- Essential Items-    My phone, scriptures, pillow, and medications

F- Favorite Color-   Purple

G- Gummy Bears or Gummy Worms -   Neither...Gummy things are yucky! 

H- Hometown-   Good Ole' Roy, Utah

I- Ice Cream Flavor -   Raspberry Cheesecake

J- January or July-   July!! Bring on the Summer!!

K- Kids-  Don't have any of my own, but I love all the ones in my life!

L- Life isn’t complete without-  My mom and my sister

M- Most embarrassing memory -  In junior high every teenager is just doing their best to fit in. I was no exception. I wasn't popular by any means, but I wasn't at the bottom of the social totem pole either. I did the best I could to be me, but not stand out in the crowd at the same time. One day I was running late to school. Walking to school I had a lot on my mind. I was so preoccupied with my thoughts that I blocked out everything that was going on around me until I took a step up onto the curb and sank! They had just laid down wet cement and I stepped right into it! I was so shocked I didn't know what to do and my first instinct was to get out of there as quickly as possible!! The only way I could do that was to keep on walking....which meant another step in the wet cement! I was quickly past the cement and walking through the park just in front of the school when I heard the construction men start yelling from behind me. I was too terrified to look back. By the time I reached the school classes had started and the halls were empty. I thought this was a blessing in my current state...picture cement that is now beginning to harden covering my feet and ankles. I quickly took off my shoes and socks and threw them in my locker. My first class was seminary, so I ran to class hoping the teacher would let me use the phone to call my mom for some clean shoes. As I walked in the entire class stared at my and then at my bare feet. Before I could ask to use the phone the teacher started lecturing me about how not wearing shoes was a violation of school dress code. My embarrassment just kept getting worse. He made me stand there in front of the entire class and explain why I was not wearing shoes, at the end of my tale the class was in an uproar of laughter and the teacher led me to the phone. I sat on the steps of the seminary waiting for my mom who showed up a few minutes later laughing her head off as she described to me the frantic scene of construction workers trying to fix the sidewalk. I spent the rest of the day hearing giggles behind me every where I went throughout the school, and a week later I was on the front cover of the school paper with the headline "Girl Walks in Cement" 

N- Number of brothers & sisters-  One of each     

O- Oranges or Apples -  Oranges

P- Phobias or Fears-   Drowning. I have a HUGE fear of drowning. 

Q- Quote -   "Focus on the Savior, not on the waves" Tim Carver

R- Reading currently -  The Maze Runner by James Dashner

S- Summer or Spring -   Summer

T- Toenail color-   Maroon

U- Unknown fact about me –  I'm obsessed with school supplies and absolutely love it when I get new pens or colored pencils or markers or stationary or.....you get the idea

V- Vacation I want to go on -  Paris

W- Walking or Running –  Walking
               
X- XRay or Ultrasound -    Ultrasound, they are slightly more fun

Y- Your favorite Food -  Pina Colada Chicken

Z- Zoo or Bowling -   Both sound fun! Who wants to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment