Saturday, January 25, 2014

Books

Are you a list a person? I am kind of a list person. I like making lists to keep me organized. I honestly don't know what I'd do if I showed up to the grocery store without a list, and Christmas time would be ten times as hectic if I didn't keep track of things with some sort of list. However, I'm not a hard core lister like some others out there. I know people who can't function if they don't have a list outlining how their day is going to go, and others who have lists for literally everything! If you are one of this hard core list people more power to ya...and you'll enjoy this post! I've actually found that lists are a good way to quickly get to know someone. You can tell a lot about a person by knowing what their five favorite movies are. So, I had the thought...why not see what I can learn about myself by making some lists of my own. Now and again, I'll post lists to this blog as part of my project life goals.

List #1:  Favorite Books

1. The Hiding Place! by Corrie Ten Boom
     This is my all time favorite book! If you have not read it I beg you to go now and get it. You will not be disappointed I promise! Although this book takes place at the time of WWII it is very pertinent to our lives today. I have learned many life lesson's from this book.

2. Tuesday's with Morrie by Mitch Albom

3. The Fablehaven Series by Brandon Mull
     This is such a fun series that truly opens up the imagination. Reading these books always makes me want to write because it helps my mind see the creative possibilities that surround me. I love it!

4. Speaking of a good series...I have to add Harry Potter to the list!

5. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

6. The Walk
     This is actually another series by Richard Paul Evans.

7. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

8. Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

9. The Holy Secret by James Ferrell

10. Hourglass Door Series by Lisa Mangum

Right now I am currently reading two books: One is called A Step of Faith and is book #4 in The Walk series by Richard Paul Evans that I mentioned earlier. The second is by Elder Jeffery R. Holland called For Times Of Trouble. I am loving both of these books!

Reading just one book for me is like eating just one Oreo, it can't be done...so a lot of my favorites are book series. It's hard to explain but reading opens up a part of my soul that can only be brought out through books. Life just seems so much more comfortable and right when I'm engrossed in a good book. If I'm struggling through something the best way to get my mind off of it is to read. I let my mind escape reality and live inside my book. Books provide adventure and imagination, they take you to worlds you never could have imagined on your own. I love the quote by George R.R. Martin, "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one."



No comments:

Post a Comment